Community events around the motu
Rare Disorders Month is a chance for the 300,000 strong community of rare patients, as well as friends and whānau, to rally together and call for urgency in the health reform that has been promised.
Community initiatives are happening all around the motu, which we are listing below. If you are organising an event in your community, let us know so we can include it here!
- Blenheim, Embody Pilates studio: Classes and morning tea for a koha
- Christchurch, NZ Blood Service: Fundraiser
- Auckland, Local library: Rare disorders display
- Rowing NZ: Social media campaign
- Te Anau, Kingsgate Hotel: Counter donation box; donating match fees from football refereeing
- Warkworth, local library: Rare disorders awareness event, 25th March
- Wellington, Kimi Ora School: Non-uniform rare disorders awareness day
- Invercargill, BestStart Elles Road: Rare disorders awareness day
- Auckland: Picnic
- Waikato Hospital: Rare Disease Day display
- Ashburton clocktower: Glowing for rare, 28 February
- At War With My Mind: $5 from every book sold going to Rare Disorders NZ
- Gorilla Burger: $1 from every Choripan burger sold on Friday 10 March donated to Rare Disorders NZ
- Heyday Beer Co/Maze Rugs: HOPS RUG auctioned on TradeMe, with all money raised going to Rare Disorders NZ.
- Dunedin, Carousel Bar: Glow Up Cocktail - a unique colourful cocktail that combines feijoa, elderflower, and butterfly pea flower to create a refreshing evening drink. A sweet and tangy flavour, this drink will be only available for the month of March. Profits from this drink will be donated to Rare Disorders NZ.
- Invercargill, GWD Hyundai: Shared kai and fundraiser